Celebrity Trainer Jack Hanrahan demonstrates the 90/90 hip stretch at The Lanesborough Club & Spa, which is a must if you have tight hips.
Here’s how it’s done:
- Front thigh in front of chest with a 90 degree angle at the knee.
- Back thigh out to the side with a 90 degree angle at the knee.
- Hands down for support and shoulder square to the front shin.
- To achieve the stretch - lean the shoulders forward and think about hovering the belly button over the front shin.
- You should feel this underneath the front hip.
- Hold for 90 seconds - 2 minutes with slow deep breaths.